Florida Department of Financial Services - Hurricane Ian Update 9.26.22
|For Planning Purposes: Monday, September 26, 2022|
Contact: Office of Communications, Communications@MyFloridaCFO.com, 850.413.2842
Florida Department of Financial Services - Hurricane Ian Update
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – Today, Chief Financial Officer (CFO) Jimmy Patronis and the Florida Department of Financial Services (DFS) provided new updates on Department activities regarding Hurricane Ian.
- The Department’s Emergency Support Functions (ESF) 4 & 9 are active and operational at the Statewide Emergency Operations Center (EOC) in Tallahassee. ESF 4 coordinates statewide firefighting and Emergency Medical Services (EMS). ESF 9 coordinates all statewide Urban Search & Rescue (US&R) Task Force Operations.
- Five of Florida’s US&R Task Forces have been activated.
- The Department’s Division of Agent and Agency Services (A&A) has activated the state’s emergency public adjuster system to allow licensed out-of-state adjusters to assist consumers in adjusting insurance claims following the storm.
- The Department has interfaced with the Top 25 insurance carriers in Florida to confirm and coordinate with companies on preparations to mobilize disaster response and recovery operations immediately following the storm.
- The Department’s Division of Investigative and Forensic Services (DIFS) has activated it’s Emergency Operations Center to coordinate insurance consumer protection and fraud prevention missions following the storm. DIFS arson and explosives teams will also support US&R missions once activated.
Floridians are advised to heed all watches and warnings from state and local officials. Visit PrepareFL.com for storm related resources and information.
About CFO Jimmy Patronis
Chief Financial Officer and State Fire Marshal Jimmy Patronis is a statewide elected official and a member of Florida’s Cabinet who oversees the Department of Financial Services. CFO Patronis works each day to fight insurance fraud, support Florida’s firefighters, and ensure the state’s finances are stable to support economic growth in the state. Follow the activities of the Department on Facebook (FLDFS) and Twitter (@FLDFS).