The Florida Accounting Information Resource subsystem (FLAIR) has been performing the state’s accounting and payroll functions for more than thirty years. During that time the State has made numerous modification to FLAIR and developed additional resources to provide functions that FLAIR was never designed to provide, or simple could not.
In 2013, the Florida Legislature, through the 2013 General Appropriations Act (GAA) authorized the Department of Financial Services (DFS) complete a study to:
- Prepare an inventory of all agency systems interfacing with FLAIR
- Assess the advantages and disadvantages of enhancing FLAIR
- Assess the advantages and disadvantages of replacing:
- Enhance FLAIR (Option 1)
- Replace FLAIR (Option 2)
- Replace FLAIR and CMS (Option 3)
- Replace FLAIR, CMS, MFMP and People First with a statewide ERP solution (Option 4)
- Assess the feasibility of implementing an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system for the State of Florida
- Identify any specific changes needed in the Florida Statutes and the state’s financial business practices to facilitate the recommended option
- Prepare a Final Report that adheres to the requirements set forth in the 2013 GAA Proviso and section 287.0571(4), F.S.
This study, known as the FLAIR Study, provided the initial guidance for planning the Project and has continued to be a source of information to the Project.
FLAIR Study deliverables include:
- FLAIR Study Report
- FLAIR Study Cost Model
- Agency Business System Inventory Analysis
- Inventory of Agency Systems Interfacing with FLAIR
FLAIR Study References: