jump to main menu jump to subject menu jump to content jump to footer

Division Director

Toma Wilkerson

Assistant Division Director

Mary Linzee Branham

Division of Rehabilitation and Liquidation
Alexander Building
2020 Capital Circle SE
Suite 310
Tallahassee, FL 32301

Maryland Claimant Information

If I am a Maryland policyholder or if I was involved in an accident related to a Seminole Casualty policy issued in Maryland, who do I contact on my claim?

You will need to contact the Maryland Property & Casualty Insurance Guaranty Association. The guaranty association may be contacted using the following information:

Maryland Property & Casualty Insurance Guaranty Association
305 Washington Avenue, Suite 600
Towson, Maryland 21204
Phone: #410-296-1620
Fax: #410-296-1237

What are the coverage limits of the Maryland Property and Casualty Insurance Guaranty Association?

With the finding of insolvency and order of liquidation on Seminole Casualty, the Maryland Property & Casualty Insurance Guaranty Association obligation [as defined in Maryland Statute Section 9-306] “shall include only that amount of each covered claim that is in excess of $100 and less than $300,000”.

If I am a Maryland policyholder, how do I get a premium refund on my cancelled Seminole Casualty policy?

The Maryland Property & Casualty Insurance Guaranty Association will pay unearned premium claims after the Florida Receiver completes its processing of the policy records and sends the unearned premium data to the Maryland guaranty association.

The Maryland guaranty association will issue refunds that are in excess of $100. The first $100 not covered by the Maryland guaranty association or any gross refund that is less than $100 becomes a claim against the estate of Seminole Casualty.

If I have an agent claim for commissions or general creditor claim for goods or services provided to Seminole Casualty, what should I do now?

No action is required by agents at this time. In the future you will receive a proof of claim form in order to make a claim. Agents’ earned commission claims and other general creditor claims are not covered by guaranty associations but may be filed as claims in the receivership estate. There may not be sufficient assets to pay this priority of claims; however, you must file a proof of claim form to have your claims considered.

The Florida Receiver has not yet begun the proof of claim filing process. Once the proof of claim process begins, information will be posted to this website on how you can obtain a proof of claim form.