Senior Database Analyst
ANTICIPATED HIRING RANGE: $80,000.000 - $85,000.00 per year
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until Filled
This position is responsible for performing complex analysis of database systems including planning, design, maintenance, and development. This is a non-remote position with the option to work remote one day per week after six months of employment.
GENERAL DUTIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Performs company data analysis and conversion into Division's systems. Coordinates with receivership company IT staff to obtain necessary data.
- Coordinates data transmissions from Division's systems to external entities (e.g. Guaranty Associations).
- Identifies data sources, constructs data decomposition diagrams, provides data flow diagrams and documents the process.
- Develops reusable code and procedures to streamline data conversion and insure data quality.
- Develops integration between internal business applications at the database level.
- Evaluates user's request for new data elements and systems against the existing shared data environment.
- Coordinates use of the organization's data to ensure data integrity and control redundancy.
- Establishes database design techniques using data modeling and prototyping software.
- Analyzes and proposes changes to database structures.
- Develops and maintains data dictionary ensuring uniformity of definitions and standards for use of data dictionary.
- Works with infrastructure team to determine necessary database security.
- Travels as required.
- Support disaster recovery efforts.
- Performs other related duties as required.
The hiring salary range for this position is $80,000.000 - $85,000.00 per year.
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in computer science, computer engineering, management information systems, information systems, engineering, or mathematics and three years of experience in database design and development, computer software development, management information systems, web design, information systems; or
- Professional experience as described may substitute on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
- Microsoft SQL Server and SQL scripting
- Relational database design and development
- Data analysis and conversion techniques
- Extensive knowledge of data integration and processing including extraction, transformation and loading.
- Data Quality system/software from Informatica or similar Data Quality tool
- Microsoft Visual Studio programming
- In compliance with federal law, individuals selected for hire will be required to confirm their identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
- In accordance with Florida Statutes 110.1128, the Division must verify male applicants have registered with the Selective Service System or have proof of registration exemption to be eligible for employment or promotion with the Division. If registration or exemption cannot be verified, male applicants are not eligible for hire. If currently employed by the Division, this law prohibits the promotion of such person. This requirement also applies to any male who has legally or illegally entered the United States. To check the status of your registration, obtain proof of exemption, review requirements for transgender people, or for general information about the Selective Service System, please visit www.sss.gov.
HOW TO APPLY:
Resumes can be submitted through one of the below methods. The information must be received by the position's closing date and time.
Email: email@example.com. Please include the position title in the email subject line.
- Mail or Hand Delivery: 325 John Knox Road, Atrium Building, Suite 101, Tallahassee, FL 32303
- If you require an accommodation to participate in the application process due to a disability, please call (850) 413-4546 for assistance.
Equal Opportunity Employer