jump to main menu jump to subject menu jump to content jump to footer

Sign up for

Consumer Alerts

Insurance Consumer Advocate

Tasha Carter

Contact Us
Mailing: 200 East Gaines St.
Tallahassee, FL 32399-0308

For Consumer Assistance:
Contact the Division of
Consumer Services within the
Department of Financial Services

Online at
Consumer Services
Toll-free in Florida
Out of State
(850) 413-3089
(850) 413-3033

Public Records Requests

File An Insurance Complaint. We Are Here For You image

design placeholder only

Hurricane Deductible Title


REPAIRS: You are required by your insurance contract to make temporary repairs to prevent further damage to your property. Before making any permanent repairs, contact your insurance agent or insurance company to discuss the repair process and take any pictures of the damage necessary to document your claim.

If your home or property recently suffered water or tree damage, and a repair person claims they can repair the damage or remove the downed limbs, make sure they are licensed and insured. A list of licensed contractors can be found at www.myfloridalicense.com/dbpr/ or by calling the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation at (850) 487-1395. Obtain multiple estimates, check references and give final payment after the work is finished. Always read contracts in full, including the fine print, before signing.