jump to main menu jump to subject menu jump to content jump to footer

Sign up for

Consumer Alerts

Insurance Consumer Advocate

Tasha Carter

Contact Us
Mailing: 200 East Gaines St.
Tallahassee, FL 32399-0308

For Consumer Assistance:
Contact the Division of
Consumer Services within the
Department of Financial Services

Online at
Consumer Services
Toll-free in Florida
Out of State
(850) 413-3089
(850) 413-3033

Public Records Requests

File An Insurance Complaint. We Are Here For You image

design placeholder only

Hurricane Deductible Title


FOOD SPOILAGE: Many policies do not cover food spoilage. However, if the coverage is included, most insurance companies only cover food spoilage from a power outage caused by damage that occurred on your property. In other words, if a downed tree caused the power outage, it must be on your property for coverage to apply.