jump to main menu jump to subject menu jump to content jump to footer

Sign up for

Consumer Alerts

Insurance Consumer Advocate

Tasha Carter

Contact Us
Mailing: 200 East Gaines St.
Tallahassee, FL 32399-0308

For Consumer Assistance:
Contact the Division of
Consumer Services within the
Department of Financial Services

Online at
Consumer Services
Toll-free in Florida
Out of State
(850) 413-3089
(850) 413-3033

Public Records Requests

File An Insurance Complaint. We Are Here For You image

design placeholder only

Hurricane Deductible Title


FLOODING: The federal National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) offers flood insurance, which is purchased through private property and casualty insurance agents. These policies contain specific provisions regarding coverage. Please call your insurance agent to answer your specific coverage questions regarding damage to your property from flooding. If you would like to obtain a flood insurance policy, please contact your insurance agent or visit the NFIP website at https://www.floodsmart.gov/.

In addition to the policies offered by the NFIP, there are insurance companies in Florida that write primary and excess flood insurance. Please refer to the Florida Office of Insurance Regualtion's website to learn more about flood insurance writers in Florida.

For information on flood safety and preparedness, including steps to take to safeguard your home from the effects of flooding, how to react effectively when a flood occurs and actions to take when the flood is over, please review the The Complete Guide to Flood Safety and Preparedness by the National Council for Home Safety and Security.