jump to main menu jump to subject menu jump to content jump to footer

Sign up for

Consumer Alerts

Insurance Consumer Advocate

Tasha Carter

Contact Us
Mailing: 200 East Gaines St.
Tallahassee, FL 32399-0308

For Consumer Assistance:
Contact the Division of
Consumer Services within the
Department of Financial Services

Online at
Consumer Services
Toll-free in Florida
Out of State
(850) 413-3089
(850) 413-3033

Public Records Requests

File An Insurance Complaint. We Are Here For You image

design placeholder only

Hurricane Deductible Title


TREES AND DEBRIS REMOVAL: Most insurance policies cover debris and tree removal if the downed tree damaged your property, regardless of who owns the tree. However, there are limits that the company will pay for debris and tree removal (commonly $500). Usually, coverage for debris removal does not exist if the tree fell on the ground and did not damage covered property. Some policies provide debris and tree removal if the downed tree blocks the main entrance to the property. Since insurance policies vary between insurers, you should always refer to your own personal policy to determine coverage.


DOWNED SERVICE POLE: Some insurance companies consider a service pole located on your property covered under a homeowner’s policy. However, it is important to review the language in your policy, call your insurance agent or contact the insurance company for coverage clarification.