Title Agency Data Call 2019
Notice from the Florida Office of Insurance Regulation
2019 Filing Deadline is May 31, 2019
Data call related specifically to Annual Reporting by Agencies of Title Insurance
Please Read All Instructions Below Carefully
The Florida Office of Insurance Regulation (Office) is conducting its annual Title Agencies Data Call pursuant to Sections 624.307 and 627.782, F.S. and Sec. 69O-186.013, F.A.C.
Title Insurance Agencies licensed at some time during Calendar Year 2018 are required filers. There are no exceptions - even if your agency closed during 2018.
Your submission is due to the Office no later than 11:59PM ET on Thursday, May 31, 2019.
The Office has developed a new system called the Insurance Regulation Filing System (IRFS) to replace the Data Collection and Analysis Modules (DCAM) for reporting data submissions.
Here is the link: https://irfs.fldfs.com/
A How To guide is also available at: https://www.floir.com/siteDocuments/SubmittingTitleFilingsIRFS.pdf
- Using your DCAM account username and password, log into the new system. If you have not used DCAM before, create a new account.
- New users must subscribe its agency(ies) using the Entity Management on the User Menu. Select the Licensee/Agencies tab.
- Select Add Licensee/ Agency.
- Type in the Agency Name and click Search.
- Select your agency next to its name and click the Add Selected button at the bottom of the screen.
- Select Create Filing on the top right corner.
- In the Data Collection tile, click Begin.
- STEP 1: Select the agency for which you are creating the filing from the Licensees/Agencies tab. Click Next.
- STEP 2: Select the Title Insurance Data Calls for Agencies. Click Next.
- STEP 3: Skip step Three, which is for group filings (not permitted with this data call).
- STEP 4: Review the information. Click Create. You will be redirected to the Workbench.
- View and edit the filing on the Workbench by clicking the Filing ID in the first column.
- Expand components by clicking on the plus sign.
- The data template, which has been available within IRFS since January 1, 2019, must be downloaded from within IRFS, completed locally on your computer, and then uploaded back in the same Web page in Excel format. Either Excel 2003 (.xls) or Excel 2007 (.xlsx) will be accepted.
The full template contains seven tabs:
- Version - includes the Office's contact information and reporting date reminder
- Instructions - data template must be downloaded from IRFS for the purpose of reporting information
- Report_Lines - Two columns extend down a series of questions and required responses (enter either text or numeric in the two columns, as shown)
- Schedule A - Additional agency information
- Schedule B - Agent activities
- Schedule C (Residential) - Title agent statistical information submission for 1-4 residential units
- Schedule C (Commercial) - Title agent statistical information submission for commercial units.
- Agency_Comments - Check the questions on this tab. If any appear with "Comments Required" it means your responses on previous tabs suggest that clarification is required for the item(s) noted. Clarifications must be understandable and justifiable when reviewed by the Office. You may contact the Office if you have questions.
- In the Company Contacts Component, other email accounts subscribed to your agency will be listed under Add Company Contact. Include additional email addresses that are not subscribers of the agency in the text box. Any email listed in this component will receive email notifications about the filing. Click Save.
- Select the Title Insurance Agency Filing Certification. The certification must be completed by an agency officer (electronic signature accepted). Type the year 2017 at the top, the officer's name in the middle and the officer's title at the bottom. Press the to save the certification.
- You can include a cover letter. This an optional component for the filing.
- Include any additional and optional information that is deemed important to the overall submission. These optional items may be uploaded as PDF documents under the "Other Documents" component.
- There is an optional Response to Request for Clarification component that may be ignored during the initial filing. This is for use only if the Office has questions after reviewing your filing.
- When all mandatory components are Complete, your filing may be submitted by clicking on the Submit button.
- You and any accounts listed in Company Contacts will receive an email receipt with your Filing ID. If you do not receive an email and the submission status does not change to Received, contact the Office's Market Research and Technology Unit at: TitleAgencyReporting@floir.com.
Further instructions are available on our website at: https://www.floir.com/Office/Reporting.aspx#Title
If you have questions regarding this filing process, please email the Office at: TitleAgencyDataCall@floir.com or contact the Market Data Collections Unit at 850-413-3147. If phone lines are busy you are encouraged to send your questions by email. Your email may request that a representative from Market Data Collections call you (remember to provide your number). Calls will be returned in the order your email messages are received.
Send email to: TitleAgencyReporting@floir.com.
Bail Bond Agents - Alert - April 1, 2019 Deadline
Florida Statutes s.648.42 requires bail bond agents to register and file their current power of attorney form with the county where they reside, by April 1 of every odd year. Bail bond agents may register in the same manner in each county where they will be posting bonds. For more information about registering, bail bond agents should contact the surety companies they are appointed to represent and the sheriff and clerk of the circuit court in the counties where they will be posting bonds.
Life and Health Advertising
Life and health advertising must have prior approval from the benefiting insurance company before being disseminated. Any advertisements approved by the insurer should be used exactly as approved. See Rule 69B-150.013(10), F.A.C.
When advertising for life, health or annuity products, if there is a reference in the advertisement to a specific policy feature, interest or bonus rate, premium amount, etc., the name of the insurer issuing the policy needs to be disclosed in the advertisement. Furthermore, the insurer needs to approve the advertisement prior to dissemination. Making any alterations to an advertisement that has been approved by the insurer could cause it to no longer be compliant. See 69B-150.013(10) and 69B-150.114, F.A.C.
Title Agencies: 2018 Administrative Surcharge
Was Due January 30, 2019
Subsection 624.501(27)(e)2, F.S., requires any title insurance agency licensed in Florida on January 1 of each year to remit an administrative surcharge of $200 to the Florida Department of Financial Services.
Any title insurance agency licensed in Florida on January 1, 2019, was emailed a reminder in January. The email was sent to the agency's email address on file with the Department.
Failure to pay the surcharge on or before January 30, 2019 may result in administrative action which could include a fine in addition to the original surcharge. Payment must be made securely online via the title agency's MyProfile account. Paper checks are not accepted.
Department licensees and consumers can access compliance information at the Division of Insurance Agent and Agency Services' web page Compliance Information. Additional information is available by type of license at our Frequently Asked Questions web page.
Make Sure You Don't Miss Important Information From Us
We highly recommend licensees routinely check their MyProfile accounts for messages from the Department. We send an email notification when a message has been sent to remind you to check your MyProfile account, but on rare occasions you may not receive that email. For this reason, we suggest you add our domains dfs.state.fl.us and MyFloridaCFO.com to your email software's Trusted or Safe Senders List to ensure you are able to receive email notifications from us.
Licensees who have a valid email address on file with the Department, as required by law, are sent important email notifications when something affecting their application, license, continuing education, or appointment(s) occurs. Additionally, we will keep you informed with warnings regarding new schemes and scams being marketed to licensees.
You can update your contact information through your MyProfile account. We want to keep you informed in a timely manner of pertinent information. You are still required to abide by the Florida Insurance Code regardless of whether you read the information we provide or attempt to provide.