TEMPORARY NON-RESIDENT SURPLUS LINES AGENT
This license type is temporarily unavailable. Click here for more information about temporary licenses available due to COVID-19.
TYPE AND CLASSES
T91-20 Non-Resident Temporary Surplus Lines
A “TEMPORARY RESIDENT SURPLUS LINES AGENT” as a licensed surplus lines
agent’s employee, family member, business associate, or personal representative
for the purpose of continuing or winding up the business affairs of the surplus
lines agent or agency. Applicant may only replace a surplus lines agent that has
died or become unable to perform his or her duties as agent because of military service or illness or other physical or mental
disability. There must not be any other person connected with the surplus
lines agent’s business who is licensed as a surplus lines agent.
STEPS TO OBTAIN T91-20 NON-RESIDENT SURPLUS LINES LICENSE:
Step 1 - You must:
- Be a natural person at least 18 years of age.
- Be a non-resident of the state of Florida.
- Be a United States citizen or legal alien who possesses a work authorization
from the United States Immigration and Naturalization Services. [Click here for more information]
- Be licensed as a non- resident general lines insurance agent (9-20) and
appointed with an authorized insurer.
Step 2 - Apply:
- Answer all of the questions and pay the fees to complete the online
[Click here to review fees]
[Click here to
[Fingerprinting fees are not included and must be paid directly to
Step 3 - Fingerprints:
Step 4 - Status notification(s):
- Once an application has been submitted, you may check your MyProfile account for the status of your application. Deficiencies will be listed under
the pending license type.
- Once all the above steps have been satisfied, the department will send your
approval by email. You may then go to your MyProfile account and click the “Wallet” and/or “Letter” hyperlink(s), under the “Print
Licenses” section, to generate a copy of your license for printing.
- The temporary license is valid for four (4) months and cannot be renewed.
- Foreign Insurance Agents click here for reciprocity information. Surplus lines agents must appoint themselves after getting licensed. To do this:
- Log in to your MyProfile account.
- Select the "Access eAppoint" link on the right.
- If you have never used eAppoint, you must first register and will need to
select "Register to become an appointing entity".
- Once you have completed step #2 or #3 above, you will be able to select "New
Appointment" in the eAppoint Workbench. Once "New Appointment" has been
selected, follow the on screen instructions and pay the $150 appointment fee to
complete your self-appointment. Note: This appointment will need to be renewed
during your birth month 2 years after the initial appointment effective date,
and every 24 months after, to maintain this license.
- FSLSO MEMBERSHIP:
Any individual, licensed as a surplus lines agent under s. 626.927 and
626.9272, Florida Statutes, shall be deemed a member of the Florida Surplus
Lines Service Office (FSLSO), a not-for-profit, self-regulating association.
Upon receiving your Florida Surplus Lines Agent License, you will need to
complete a New Agent Membership form by visiting: https://slip.fslso.com and
More information can be
found by clicking here.
- Third party access must be authorized by the licensee through MyProfile in
order for the third party to manage the licensing submissions and changes on
behalf of the licensee. NOTE: Third party access will not permit the third
party to receive criminal history information through deficiency requests or
otherwise, unless provided by the applicant in writing.
- Related Florida Statutes: 626.015, 626.927, 626.901-626.939