Life (Temporary) Agent License
TYPE AND CLASS:
T2-14 Life (Temporary) Agent License
Common Use(s) of License:
An individual representing an insurer as to life insurance and annuity contracts, including agents appointed to transact life insurance, fixed-dollar annuity contracts, or variable contracts by the same insurer. Annuity contracts, including, but not limited to, fixed or variable annuity contracts; the granting of endowment benefits, additional benefits in event of death or dismemberment by accident or accidental means, additional benefits in event of the insured’s disability; and optional modes of settlement of proceeds of life insurance.
STEPS TO OBTAIN T2-14 TEMPORARY LIFE LICENSE:
Step 1 - You must:
- Be a natural person at least 18 years of age.
- Be a bona fide resident of the state of Florida.
- Be a United States citizen or legal alien who possesses a work authorization from the United States Immigration and Naturalization Services. [Click here for more information]
- Not be an employee of the United States Department of Veterans Affairs or state service office, as referred to in Section 626.788, Florida Statutes.
- Not hold a resident license in another state.
Step 2 - Apply:
Step 3 - Fingerprints:
Step 4 - Status notification(s):
- Once an application has been submitted, you may check your MyProfile account for the status of your application. Deficiencies will be listed under the pending license type.
- Once all the above steps have been satisfied, the department will send your approval by email. You may then go to your MyProfile account and print your license.
- Florida Statutes 626.175(1)(d) states that an applicant may only be appointed by the insurance companies last represented by the agent being replaced. However, if the insurance company withdraws from the agency, a similar insurer may appoint the applicant.
- Only one temporary license may be issued per lifetime.
- The temporary license is valid for six (6) months only. However, if the individual passes the license examination, the temporary license and appointment will be terminated.
- Third party access must be authorized by the licensee through MyProfile in order for the third party to manage the licensing submissions and changes on behalf of the licensee.