TYPE AND CLASSES:
T9-20 Non-Resident General Lines (Property,
Casualty, Surety, Marine, Health and Miscellaneous Lines)
Florida Statutes 626.175 defines a “TEMPORARY GENERAL LINES AGENT” as an
individual that represents a general lines insurance insurer temporarily because
of the death, disability or absence of the agent. The purpose of this license is
to continue or wind up the business affairs of the agent or agency, subject to
certain qualifications. Applicant must be a licensed agent’s employee, family
member, business associate, or personal representative. Applicant may only
replace an agent that has died or become unable to perform his or her duties as
agent because of military service or illness or other physical
or mental disability. There must not be any other person connected with the
agent’s business who is licensed as a general lines agent. Applicant must be
qualified for a regular general lines agent’s license with the exception of
residence, examination, education or experience.
STEPS TO OBTAIN T9-20 TEMPORARY NON-RESIDENT GENERAL LINES LICENSE:
Step 1 - You must:
- Be a natural person at least 18 years of age.
- Must not be a resident of the state of Florida.
- Be a United States citizen or legal alien who possesses a work authorization
from the United
Step 2 - Apply:
Step 3 - Fingerprints:
Step 5 - Status notification(s):
- Once an application has been submitted, you may check your MyProfile account for the status of your application. Deficiencies will be listed under
the pending license type.
- Once all the above steps have been satisfied, the department will send your
approval by email. You may then go to your MyProfile account and click the “Wallet” and/or “Letter” hyperlink(s), under the “Print
Licenses” section, to generate a copy of your license for printing.
- The temporary license is valid for six (6) months and cannot be renewed or
another temporary license issued to any other person connected with the agent or
agency. However, the temporary license will terminate if the applicant become
licensed as a permanent general lines agent, the disabled or absent agent is
replaced or the disposition of the affairs are completed.
- Can only solicit the specific lines of authority that are held in the resident state.
- This license cannot be held with the following licenses:
- 0-55 SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
- 0-60 MANAGING GENERAL AGENT
- 0-93 LIFE (FOREIGN/MILITARY)
- 2-23 RESIDENT MOTOR VEHICLE RENTAL
- 2-33 INDUSTRIAL FIRE OR BURGLARY
- T2-33 INDUSTRIAL FIRE OR BURGLARY
- 4-30 CROP HAIL & MULTI-PERIL CROP
- 4-40 CUSTOMER REPRESENTATIVE
- 4-42 LIMITED CUST REPRESENTATIVE
- 20-44 PERSONAL LINES AGENT
- Third party access must be authorized by the licensee through MyProfile in order for the third party to manage the licensing submissions and changes on
behalf of the licensee. NOTE: Third party access will not permit the third
party to receive criminal history information through deficiency requests or
otherwise, unless provided by the applicant in writing.
- Related Florida Statutes: 626.175