TYPE AND CLASS:
4-30 Resident Crop Hail and Multiple-Peril Crop
Common Use(s) of License:
An individual limited to transacting insurance covering crops subject to unfavorable weather conditions, fire or lightening, flood, hail, insect infestation, disease, or other yield-reducing conditions or perils which is provided by the private insurance market, or which is subsidized by the Federal Group Insurance Corporation including multi-peril crop insurance.
STEPS TO OBTAIN 4-30 RESIDENT CROP HAIL AND MULTIPLE-PERIL CROP INSURANCE AGENT:
Step 1 - You must be:
- A natural person at least 18 years of age.
- A resident of the state of Florida.
- A United States citizen or legal alien who possesses a work authorization
from the United States Immigration and Naturalization Services. [Click here for more
- Not hold a resident license in another state.
Step 2 - Apply:
Step 3 - Fingerprints:
Step 4 - Status notification(s):
- Once an application has been submitted, you may check your MyProfile account for the status of your application. Deficiencies will be listed under
the pending license type.
- Once all the above steps have been satisfied, the department will send your
approval by email. You may then go to your MyProfile account and click the “Wallet” and/or “Letter” hyperlink(s), under the “Print Licenses” section, to generate a copy of your license for printing.
- Licensees must be appointed by, and the
limited license requested by, a licensed General
Lines agent. All business transacted by the
limited agent shall be in behalf of, in the name
of, and countersigned by the agent by whom the
individual is appointed. The licensee
may only be appointed by one General Lines agent or
- You may conduct Crop Hail insurance business through a Resident General Lines (2-20) license.
- This license will expire if unappointed for 48 months. Section 626.431(3), Florida Statutes.
- Third party access must be authorized by the licensee through MyProfile in order for the third party to manage the licensing submissions and changes on behalf of the licensee.
- Related Statute:
s. 626.321(1)(f), F.S. (licensing)