Administrative Assistant II
$30,785.73 - $55,194.39 annually
Starting salary will be determined based on experience.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: January 5, 2018 at 5:00pm
GENERAL DUTIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
Responsible for providing administrative secretarial assistance to attorneys.
- Arranges and schedules travel insuring the availability of facilities and equipment needed.
- Prepares travel authorizations and reimbursement for attorneys.
- Calls and arranges for conference calls to expedite discussions between attorneys and other parties.
- Screens calls, routes callers, or take messages as appropriate.
- Obtains information or documents to respond to inquiries in accordance with instructions from an attorney or supervisor.
- Prepares responses to inquiries, cover letters, and other correspondence as necessary.
- Sorts and distributes mail to attorneys. Reviews mail to calendar response due dates/deadlines.
- Creates files for correspondence, court orders, litigation or other issues and maintain court pleadings index as required.
- Mails copies of orders, notices of hearing, notices of depositions, pleadings and/or correspondence to parties as indicated and/or instructed by attorneys or supervisor.
- Coordinates schedules for depositions and hearings, including court reporters and/or videographers, as applicable.
- Follows up to ensure that orders submitted to the local court have been entered by appropriate judge.
- Makes photocopies of documents and/or coordinates off-site copy projects as instructed by an attorney or supervisor.
- Transmits and receives faxes when necessary.
- Maintains court calendar and attorney’s schedules.
- Prepares pleadings, notices of hearing and other court related documents in standard legal format in accordance with instructions from attorneys.
- Prepares draft court orders for attorneys from notes or dictation using proper legal style.
- Required to travel on-site as necessary to assist with companies in receivership.
- Drafts legal agreements for attorneys.
- A high school diploma or equivalent and two years of administrative, secretarial, or general office experience, or
- Education from an accredited college or university may substitute on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
PREFERENCE GIVEN TO APPLICANTS WITH:
In accordance with Florida Statutes 110.1128, male applicants who are required to register with the Selective Service System under the Military Selective Service Act may not be offered employment by the Division of Rehabilitation and Liquidation without proof of registration.
HOW TO APPLY:
Resumes, cover letters, and other accompanying documents should be emailed to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position title in the email subject line.
Information about this position and other vacancies are located on our website at www.myfloridacfo.com/division/receiver at the “Career Opportunities” link.
If you are unable to email your resume and other documents, it can be mailed or hand-delivered to 2020 Capital Circle, Suite 310, Tallahassee, Florida 32301. The information must be received by our office on the designated application deadline.
If you require an accommodation due to a disability in order to participate in the application process, please call (850) 413-4546 in advance.