TYPE AND CLASSES:
Temporary Non-Resident Personal Lines
Common Use(s) of License:
A “TEMPORARY NON-RESIDENT PERSONAL LINES AGENT” may be issued to an individual who is executor or administrator of the estate of a deceased individual licensed and appointed as a personal lines agent at the time of death; or to a surviving next of kin of the deceased individual, if no administrator or executor has been appointed and qualified. .
STEPS TO OBTAIN T90-44 TEMPORARY NON-RESIDENT PERSONAL LINES LICENSE:
Step 1 - You must:
- Be a natural person at least 18 years of age.
- Be a resident of the state of Florida.
- Be a United States citizen or legal alien who possesses a work authorization
from the United States Immigration and Naturalization Services. [Click
here for more information]
Step 2 - Apply:
Step 3 - Fingerprints:
Step 4 - Status notification(s):
- Once an application has been submitted, you may check your MyProfile account for the status of your application. Deficiencies will be listed under
the pending license type.
- Once all the above steps have been satisfied, the department will send your
approval by email. You may then go to your MyProfile account and
click the “Wallet” and/or “Letter” hyperlink(s), under the “Print Licenses” section, to generate a copy of your license for printing.
- The temporary license is valid for six (6) months.
- Only one temporary license may be issued per lifetime.
- This license cannot be held with the following licenses:
- 0-55 SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
- 0-93 LIFE (FOREIGN/MILITARY)
- 9-20 GENERAL LINES
- 90-44 PERSONAL LINES AGENT
- Third party access must be authorized by the licensee through MyProfile for the third party to manage the licensing submissions and changes on behalf of the licensee. NOTE: Third party access will not permit the third party to receive criminal history information through deficiency requests or otherwise, unless provided by the applicant in writing.
- Related Florida Statutes: 626.175