TEMPORARY GENERAL LINES AGENT
TYPE AND CLASSES:
T2-20 Temporary Resident General Lines (Property, Casualty, Surety, Marine, Health and Miscellaneous Lines)
Common Use(s) of License:
Florida Statutes 626.175 defines a “TEMPORARY GENERAL LINES
AGENT” as an individual that represents a general lines insurance
insurer temporarily because of the death, disability or absence of
the agent. The purpose of this license is to continue or wind up the
business affairs of the agent or agency, subject to certain
qualifications. Applicant must be a licensed agent’s employee,
family member, business associate, or personal representative.
Applicant may only replace an agent that has died or become unable
to perform his or her duties as agent because of military service
or illness or other physical or mental disability.
There must not be any other person connected with the agent’s
business who is licensed as a general lines agent. Applicant must be
qualified for a regular general lines agent’s license with the
exception of residence, examination, education or experience.
STEPS TO OBTAIN T2-20 TEMPORARY RESIDENT GENERAL LINES LICENSE:
Step 1 - You must:
- Be a natural person at least 18 years of age.
- Be a resident of the state of Florida.
- Be a United States citizen or legal alien who possesses a work authorization from the United States Immigration and Naturalization Services. [Click here for more information]
- Not hold a resident license in another state.
Step 2 - Apply:
Step 3 - Fingerprints:
Step 5 - Status notification(s):
- Once an application has been submitted, you may check your MyProfile account for the status of your application. Deficiencies will be listed under the pending license type.
- Once all the above steps have been satisfied, the department will send your approval by email. You may then go to your MyProfile account and click the “Wallet” and/or “Letter” hyperlink(s), under the “Print Licenses” section, to generate a copy of your license for printing.
- The temporary license is valid for six (6) months and cannot be renewed or another temporary license issued to any other person connected with the agent or agency. However, the temporary license will terminate if the applicant become licensed as a permanent general lines agent, the disabled or absent agent is replaced or the disposition of the affairs are completed.
- This license cannot be held with the following licenses:
- 0-55 SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
- 0-60 MANAGING GENERAL AGENT
- 0-93 LIFE (FOREIGN/MILITARY)
- 2-23 RESIDENT MOTOR VEHICLE RENTAL
- 2-33 INDUSTRIAL FIRE OR BURGLARY
- T2-33 INDUSTRIAL FIRE OR BURGLARY
- 4-30 CROP HAIL & MULTI-PERIL CROP
- 4-40 CUSTOMER REPRESENTATIVE
- 4-42 LIMITED CUST REPRESENTATIVE
- 20-44 PERSONAL LINES AGENT
- Third party access must be authorized by the licensee through MyProfile in order for the third party to manage the licensing submissions and changes on behalf of the licensee. NOTE: Third party access will not permit the third party to receive criminal history information through deficiency requests or otherwise, unless provided by the applicant in writing.
- Related Florida Statutes: 626.175