NON-RESIDENT TITLE INSURANCE AGENT
TYPE AND CLASSES:
94-13 Non-Resident Title Insurance Agent
Florida Statutes 626.84201 states a "NON-RESIDENT TITLE INSURANCE AGENT" license may be issued to an applicant that must not be a resident of this state
and is licensed in his or her home state as a
title insurance agent. Nonresident title insurance agents licensed in Florida must complete the continuing education requirements as Florida resident title insurance agents.
Florida Statutes 626.841 defines a "TITLE
INSURANCE AGENT" as a person, appointed in
writing by a title insurer for the purpose of
issuing and countersigning binders, commitments,
policies of title insurance, or guarantees of
title in its behalf.
STEPS TO OBTAIN 94-13 NON-RESIDENT TITLE INSURANCE LICENSE:
Step 1 - You must be:
- A natural person at least 18 years of age.
- A non-resident of the state of Florida.
- A United States citizen or legal alien who possesses a work authorization
from the United States Immigration and Naturalization Services. [Click here for more
- A resident title agent license in a reciprocal state. For a list of reciprocal states, please click here.
Step 2 - Apply:
Step 3 - Fingerprints:
Step 4 - Examination:
- Upon approval, an email will be sent to you directing you to check your messages in your MyProfile account. Messages are where you may view your notifications from the department, such as an authorization for an examination.
[Click here for the state examination information page]
- Nonresident applicants are required to take the Florida Title examination and will not be qualified for a license until the department has received a passing result from the testing vendor.
Step 5 - Status notification(s):
- Once an application has been submitted, you may check your MyProfile account for the status of your application. Deficiencies will be listed under
the pending license type.
- Once all the above steps have been satisfied, the department will send your
approval by email. You may then go to your MyProfile account and click the “Wallet” and/or “Letter” hyperlink(s), under the “Print
Licenses” section, to generate a copy of your license for printing.
- Successfully pass Florida’s title agent
- Attorneys at law duly licensed to practice law in the courts of this state, and in good standing with The Florida Bar are exempt from having to obtain a license per ss. 626.8417(4), Florida Statutes.
Note: This does not exempt attorneys from the state examination if a title agent license is applied for.
- Appointment required. - A title insurance agent may not sell a title insurance policy issued by an insurer for which the agent does not hold a current appointment.
- Nonresident title insurance agents must complete the continuing education requirements of s. 626.2815 in the same manner as resident title insurance agents bi-annually by end of licensee's birth month. Reciprocity for CE compliance is not available.