CFO and State Fire Marshal Jeff Atwater Honors Florida Fire Service Award Winners
For Immediate Release:
April 11, 2017
Contact: Ashley Carr
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – Chief Financial Officer and State Fire Marshal Jeff Atwater honored the winners of the 2017 Fire Service Awards during a reception hosted Monday evening at the Florida Capitol. The annual award ceremony honors those in the fire service community who have shown excellence in their profession. Award winners were also recognized by Governor Rick Scott, Attorney General Pam Bondi, Commissioner Adam Putnam, and CFO Jeff Atwater during Tuesday’s Cabinet meeting.
“These award winners are men and women who exemplify what it means to be a leader, and I am proud to celebrate their professional success,” said CFO and State Fire Marshal Jeff Atwater. “These individuals, along with all firefighters and first responders across Florida, willingly risk their own lives every day and often run into dangerous situations when others are running out. Their dedication makes each of them a hero in my eyes.”
CFO Atwater presented the following awards:
• Darrel Donatto, Fire Chief of the Year – Palm Beach County Fire Rescue
• Ryan Gallik, Career Firefighter of the Year & Fire Service Instructor of the Year – St. Cloud Fire Rescue
• James “David” Dietz, Forestry Firefighter of the Year – Florida Forest Service; Chipola Forestry Center
• Ted Ross, Fire Marshal of the Year – Tice Fire District
• Jackie de la Osa, Fire Inspector of the Year – North Collier Fire Control & Rescue District
• Keith Tyson, Professional Firefighter of the Year – Vice President of Education Research and Outreach for Florida Cancer Support Network
• Brock Dietz, Fire Investigator of the Year – Florida State Fire Marshal’s Office, Tallahassee Field Office
• Earl Gray, Volunteer Firefighter of the Year – Highland Lakes Fire Department
• Robert Lemons, Fire and Life Safety Public Educator of the Year – Boca Raton Fire Rescue Services
• Fire Academy of the South, Training Center of the Year – Florida State College at Jacksonville
To view video footage via the Florida Channel, click HERE.
# # #
Chief Financial Officer and State Fire Marshal Jeff Atwater, a statewide elected official, oversees the Department of Financial Services, serves as Florida’s State Fire Marshal, and is a member of the Florida Cabinet. CFO Atwater’s priorities include fighting financial fraud, abuse and waste in government; reducing government spending and regulatory burdens that chase away businesses; and providing transparency and accountability in spending.