Florida Chief Financial Officer Jeff Atwater Presents Fire Service Awards
Contact: Alexis Lambert or
Deborah Jamison (850) 413-2842
TALLAHASSEE—Florida Chief Financial Officer and State Fire Marshal Jeff Atwater this week recognized the Lake Tech Fire Academy and honored 10 fire- and rescue-service personnel for exceptional dedication to fire and rescue services during the past year. CFO Atwater presented each honoree with an individual resolution signed by the governor and members of the Cabinet at Monday evening’s Fire Service Awards ceremony. The honorees were also recognized jointly at Tuesday’s Cabinet meeting at the Capitol.
“These men and women are true leaders, role models and heroes who put their lives at risk every time they respond to a fire call,” CFO Atwater said. “I am proud to recognize the outstanding and courageous work that is done by our fire-service professionals every single day to protect their fellow Floridians.”
CFO Atwater presented the following individuals with a Fire Service Award:
• Fire Inspector of the Year: Robert Salvaggio, Collier County Fire Control and Rescue Districts
• Fire Instructor of the Year: Tom Sousa, West Manatee Fire Rescue
• Forestry Firefighter of the Year: Roy Cribbs, Florida Forest Service
• Fire Marshal of the Year: David Woodside, City of Boca Raton Fire Rescue
• Professional Firefighter of the Year: Dustin Seabolt, Palm Harbor Fire Rescue
• Career Firefighter of the Year: James Hamor, Palm Bay Fire Rescue
• Fire Chief of the Year: Cindy Dick, Tallahassee Fire Department
• Fire Investigator of the Year: Doug Keller, Miami-Dade Fire Rescue Department
• Chad Reed Emergency Manager of the Year: Rodney Andreasen, Jackson County Emergency Management
• Volunteer Firefighter of the Year: Douglas Ten Hoopen, Jacksonville Fire and Rescue Department
• Training Center of the Year: Lake Tech Fire Academy, accepted by Ron Williams, Lake Tech Fire Academy Program Director
• Firefighter Appreciation Week: Muscular Dystrophy Association
The Fire Service Awards are coordinated through the State Fire Marshal’s Office annually and are sponsored by the following fire-service related organizations: the Florida Joint Council of Fire & Emergency Services, the Fire Training Director’s Association, the Florida State Firefighters Association, the Fire Chiefs’ Association, the Fire Marshal and Inspectors Association, the Professional Firefighters Association and the Emergency Preparedness Association.
Chief Financial Officer and State Fire Marshal Jeff Atwater, a statewide elected official, oversees the Department of Financial Services. CFO Atwater’s priorities include fighting financial fraud, abuse and waste in government, reducing government spending and regulatory burdens that chase away businesses; and providing transparency and accountability in spending.