Florida Chief Financial Officer Jeff Atwater Presents Fire Service Awards
Contact Alexis Lambert
or Deborah Cox (850)-413-2842
TALLAHASSEE—Florida Chief Financial Officer and State Fire Marshal Jeff Atwater this week recognized the Coral Springs Fire Academy and honored 11 fire- and rescue-service personnel for exceptional dedication to fire and rescue services during the past year. CFO Atwater presented each honoree with an individual resolution signed by the governor and members of the Cabinet at Monday evening’s Fire Service Awards ceremony. The honorees were also recognized jointly at Tuesday’s Cabinet meeting at the Capitol.
“These men and women are true leaders, role models and heroes who put their lives at risk every time they respond to a fire call,” CFO Atwater said. “I am proud to recognize the outstanding and courageous work that is done by our fire-service professionals every single day to protect their fellow Floridians.”
CFO Atwater presented the following individuals with a Fire Service Award:
• Fire Inspector of the Year: Roy Isakson, Midway Fire District
• Fire Instructor of the Year: Gil Aspinwall, South Walton Fire District
• Forestry Firefighter of the Year: Tim Hawks, Division of Forestry in Vero Beach
• Fire Marshal of the Year: Ed Riley, Collier County Fire District
• Professional Firefighter of the Year: Nate Spera, St. Lucie County Fire Department
• Career Firefighter of the Year: Eric Stokes, Tampa Fire Rescue
• Fire Chief of the Year: Michael Tucker, Okahumpka Volunteer Fire Department
• Fire Investigator of the Year: Murray McDonald, Bureau of Fire & Arson Investigations
• Chad Reed Emergency Manager of the Year: Roger Hagan, Washington County Department of Emergency Management
• Volunteer Fire Chief of the Year: David Pearson, Nassau Oaks Volunteer Fire Department
• Volunteer Firefighter of the Year: Scott Mann, West Sebring Volunteer Fire Department
• Training Center of the Year: Coral Springs Fire Academy, accepted by Michael McNally, Chief Training Officer
The Fire Service Awards are coordinated through the State Fire Marshal’s Office annually and are sponsored by the following fire-service related organizations: the Florida Joint Council of Fire & Emergency Services, the Fire Training Director’s Association, the Florida State Firefighters Association, the Fire Chiefs’ Association, the Fire Marshal and Inspectors Association, the Professional Firefighters Association and the Emergency Preparedness Association.
For more information about this year’s Fire Service Award winners, please visit http://www.myfloridacfo.com/sfm/fsa/.
Chief Financial Officer and State Fire Marshal Jeff Atwater, a statewide elected official, oversees the Department of Financial Services. CFO Atwater’s priorities include fighting financial fraud, abuse and waste in government, reducing government spending and regulatory burdens that chase away businesses, and providing transparency and accountability in spending.