CFO Sink and Commissioner Bronson to Host Second Workshop “Conversations on Climate Change”
CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER Alex Sink
COMMISSIONER OF AGRICULTURE AND CONSUMER SERVICES Charles Bronson
STATE OF FLORIDA
CONTACT: Tara Klimek (850) 413-2842 Terence McElroy (850) 488-3022
Second Conversation to Focus On Renewable Energy Sources
TALLAHASSEE— Florida Chief Financial Officer Alex Sink and Commissioner of Agriculture Charles Bronson will host the second in a series of “Conversations on Climate Change,” on June 12, 2007 at 11:00 a.m. The second workshop, set to begin after Tuesday’s Florida Cabinet meeting is titled Climate Change: Renewable Energy Solutions.
CFO Sink and Commissioner Bronson have partnered to host a series of four climate change workshops, each featuring new topics and national experts in areas such as: the science of rising sea levels, renewable energy sources, carbon offset and pricing, the impact of climate change on the insurance and financial industries, and more. The sessions will also give elected officials, business leaders and Floridians the opportunity to understand how these challenges and potential solutions present opportunities for the growth of new industries in our state.
By logging onto www.floridaclimatechange.com
, Floridians can learn about climate change, review the meeting dates and agendas for the conversations, watch a Web cast of Tuesday’s workshop, and read about initiatives in other states.
The agenda for the second workshop titled, Climate Change:
Renewable Energy Solutions will include:
• 25x’25: America’s Energy Future: Michael A. Bowman, National Steering Committee Member, 25x’ 25 Coalition
• Florida’s Farm to Fuel Initiative: Jay Levenstein, Deputy Commissioner, Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
• Carbon Credits 101: Kellee James, Economist, Chicago Climate Exchange
• Solar Energy: Christopher O’Brien, Vice President, Sharp Solar
• Wildland Fire and Climate Change in Florida: Dr. Kevin Robertson, Fire Ecologist, Tall Timbers Research Station
• Climate Change in Florida: Dr. James O’Brien, Florida State University
DATE: Tuesday, June 12, 2007
TIME: 11:00 a.m., after the Florida Cabinet Meeting
LOCATION: Florida Cabinet Meeting Room
The Capitol, Lower Level