CFO Sink Announces Conference Calls, Meeting Schedule for Windstorm Mitigation Study Committee
CONTACT: Tara Klimek or Nina Banister
TALLAHASSEE—The Windstorm Mitigation Study Committee will conduct conference calls next Monday-Wednesday, February 26-28, 2007, from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m., and will meet Thursday and Friday, March 1-2, 2007, from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., in Room 37 of the Senate Office Building. The conference call number is 1-888-808-6959 and the conference code is 4132880.
The committee was created as a result of House Bill 1A, passed recently by the Florida Legislature during Special Session. The committee is composed of eight members, with two appointments each from the Governor, Chief Financial Officer, Senate President and Speaker of the House. The following Floridians have been appointed to the committee:
• Mr. Garrett Walton, Chair (Governor)
• Mr. Bill Coffey, Services Director of Home Services, Home Depot (Governor)
• Mr. James Ayotte, Florida Manufactured Housing Association (Chief Financial Officer)
• Mr. Ed Dees, former Business Manager for Ironworkers, Local #397 (Chief Financial Officer)
• Mr. Michael Aranda, EH Building Group II, LLC (Senate President)
• Mr. Stephen C. Burgess, Office of Public Counsel (Senate President)
• Ms. Deirdre Finn, Meridian Strategies, LLC (Speaker of the House)
• The Honorable Trey Traviesa, Florida House of Representatives (Speaker of the House)
The committee is charged with analyzing short- and long-term solutions and programs that address the need to immediately and effectively mitigate homes in Florida. A final committee report, including legislative recommendations, is due to the Governor, Chief Financial Officer, Insurance Commissioner, Senate President and Speaker of the House by March 6, 2007. Floridians can learn more about the committee, its duties and upcoming meetings at http://www.WindstormMitigationStudyCommittee.org/
. Floridians interested in hurricane mitigation are encouraged to attend the meetings.
The next meetings of the Windstorm Mitigation Study Committee will be held:
DATES: Conference calls Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, February 26-28, 2007, 8-10 a.m.
Call-in number: 1-888-808-6959; conference code: 4132880
Thursday and Friday, March 1-2, 2007, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m
LOCATION: Room 37, Senate Office Building