Division of Agent and Agency Services
TEMPORARY RESIDENT SURPLUS LINES AGENT
TYPE AND CLASSES:
T01-20 Resident Temporary Surplus Lines
Florida Statutes 626.9271 defines a “TEMPORARY RESIDENT SURPLUS
LINES AGENT” as a licensed surplus lines agent’s employee, family
member, business associate, or personal representative for the
purpose of continuing or winding up the business affairs of the
surplus lines agent or agency. Applicant may only replace a surplus
lines agent that has died or become unable to perform his or her
duties as agent because of military service or illness
or other physical or mental disability. There must not
be any other person connected with the surplus lines agent’s
business who is licensed as a surplus lines agent.
- Complete an online application for License and submit
Apply for license
- Be a natural person at least 18 years of age.
- Be a resident of the state of Florida.
- Be a United States citizen or legal alien who possesses a
work authorization from the United States Immigration and
- Be fingerprinted at one of the Department's fingerprint
locations and additional information
- If licensed in another state within three years, provide a
Letter of Clearance.
- Applicant must file a $50,000 surety bond.
- Applicant must appoint himself or herself.
- The temporary license is valid for four (4) months and
cannot be renewed.