Division of Agent and Agency Services
RESIDENT PERSONAL LINES LICENSE
TYPE AND CLASS:
20-44 Personal Lines
Common Use(s) of License:
A general lines agent who is limited to transacting business related
to property and casualty insurance sold to individuals and families
for noncommercial purposes.
Related Florida Statutes:
STEPS TO OBTAIN RESIDENT 20-44 PERSONAL LINES LICENSE:
Step 1 - You must be:
- A natural person at least 18 years of age.
- A resident of the state of Florida.
- A United States citizen or legal alien who possesses a
work authorization from the United States Immigration and
[Click here for more information]
Step 2 - Must have the following prerequisite(s) before
Step 3 - Apply:
Step 4 - Send prerequisite(s) to department:
- Send proof of prerequisite, as indicated in Step 2,
to the Bureau.
Note: If you have taken a prelicensing course, your prelicensing
education provider will automatically send the Bureau proof within 20 days of your passing date. This does not include designations.
Department of Financial Services
Bureau of Licensing, Room 419
200 East Gaines Street
Tallahassee, FL 32399-0319
Step 5 - Fingerprints:
Step 6 - Status notification(s):
- Once an application has been submitted, you may check
for the status of your application. Deficiencies
will be listed under the pending license type.
Step 7 - Examination:
Disregard this step if you are not required to take an exam.
Upon approval, an e-mail will be sent to you directing you to check your messages in your
account. Messages are where you may print your
notifications from the department, such as an
authorization for an examination. Follow the message's instructions to schedule the examination.
[Click here for the Exam Information page]
Step 8 - Print license:
- Once all the above steps have been satisfied, the
department will send your approval by email. You may
then go to your MyProfile account
and print your license.
Note: If you are required to take an examination, you will not be able to print your license until the department has
received a passing result from the testing vendor.
This license can not be held with the following licenses:
- 0-93 LIFE (FOREIGN/MILITARY)
- 0-55 SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
- 0-60 MANAGING GENERAL AGENT
- 2-21 MOTOR VEHICLE AND MECHANICAL BREAKDOWN
- 2-22 CREDIT PROPERTY
- 2-29 CREDIT
- 2-30 MORTGAGE GUARANTY
- 2-33 INDUSTRIAL FIRE OR BURGLARY
- 4-40 CUSTOMER REPRESENTATIVE
- 4-42 LIMITED CUST REPRESENTATIVE