Division of Agent and Agency Services
RESIDENT LEGAL EXPENSE SALES REPRESENTATIVE
TYPE AND CLASSES:
2-56 Legal Expense Sales Representative
Florida Statutes 642.015 defines a “LEGAL EXPENSE INSURANCE” as
an individual who offers a contractual obligation to provide
specific legal services, or to reimburse for specific legal
expenses, in consideration of a specified payment for an interval of
time, regardless of whether the payment is made by the beneficiaries
individually or by a third person for them, but does not include the
provisions of, or reimbursement for, legal services incidental to
other insurance coverage.
- Complete an online application for License and submit
Apply for license
- Be a natural person at least 18 years of age.
- Be a resident of the state of Florida.
- Be a United States citizen or legal alien who possesses a
work authorization from the United States Immigration and
- Be fingerprinted at one of the Department's fingerprint
locations and additional information
- If licensed in another state within three years, provide a
Letter of Clearance.
No examination is required.