Division of Agent and Agency Services
RESIDENT AND NON-RESIDENT CREDIT INSURANCE AGENT
TYPE AND CLASSES:
2-29 & 9-29 Credit Insurance Agent
Florida Statutes 624.605 (1) (i) defines “CREDIT INSURANCE” as a
form of casualty insurance and is insurance against loss or damage
resulting from failure of debtors to pay their obligations to the
creditor (including loss or damage resulting from the involuntary
unemployment of the debtors), except insurance against loss or
damage resulting from the death or disability of the debtors.
However, insurance may not be written as credit insurance if it
falls within the definition of financial guaranty insurance, as
defined in s. 627.971.
- Complete an online application for License and submit
Apply for license
- Be a natural person at least 18 years of age.
- Be a United States citizen or legal alien who possesses a
work authorization from the United States Immigration and
- If Resident, be fingerprinted at one of the Department's
Fingerprint locations and additional information If
Non-resident, two fingerprint cards will be mailed to the
- If Resident and have been licensed in another state within
three years, provide a Letter of Clearance.