The Bureau of Compliance is currently offering the training opportunities identified below. All training sessions require advanced registration.
Should you or your organization want to schedule a speaker regarding Workers Compensation' requirements, please contact Sheryle Birdsong at (813) 221-6518, or email us at BOCSeminars@MyFloridaCFO.com.
- The Florida Legislature passed and the Governor signed into law CS/HB 941, which amended Sections 440.02(9) and 440.05, Florida Statutes. Effective July 1, 2013, the law changes to include Limited Liability Company (LLC) members as employees. LLC members will be included as employees on their Workers' Compensation insurance policy; however, they may elect to be exempt by filing a Notice of Election to Be Exempt with the Division of Workers' Compensation (Division). For more information you are invited to view our presentation related to Non-construction LLCs and Exemptions by accessing it here: Non-Construction-LLC-Exemptions [4.6M WMV]
- The Division offers free classes regarding workers' compensation
and workplace safety to educate employers, business owners, licensed
contractors and other interested stakeholders who are responsible
for assuring that workers' compensation insurance and safety in the
workplace is a priority. The Division has partnered with the U.S.
Department of Labor Office of Safety and Health Administration
(OSHA), and the University of South Florida "Safety Florida
Consultation Program", in making these presentations.
Two types of training opportunities are available:
- Classroom sessions are held in several locations around the state; and
- Webinars are held once a month.
2. Webinars are sessions that you can join via your computer and telephone. Registration is required and you will be notified of the link and telephone number when registration is complete. All information that is covered in the Classroom session is included in the Webinars.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs) are available to individuals licensed by the Department of Business and Professional Regulation (DBPR), Construction Industry Licensing Board (CILB), Electrical Contractors Licensing Board (ECLB) and the Board of Accountancy, for all sessions, including the webinars. For additional information, please contact us by telephone at (813) 221-6518 or email us at BocSeminars@MyFloridaCFO.com.
We look forward to your participation in one of our events. Thank you.
- University of South Florida (USF) SafetyFlorida offers complimentary, confidential, and on-site consultation. To read more about this education opportunity, please visit USF online at www.usfsafetyflorida.com/
- Employer Frequently Asked Questions
- Workers' Compensation System Guide (WC System Guide) [496K PDF]
- Employer Instruction Manual [2.8MB PDF] for the Online Penalty Payment Service - This manual contains general information about the online service and step-by-step instructions for setting up an online payment account.
- Employer's Guide to a Drug-Free Workplace [68K PDF]
Posters and Required Notices
- All-In-One Broken Arm poster [1MB PDF] (Spanish version)
- Link to Agency for Workforce Innovation for a listing of Federal and State poster and notice requirements.
- Anti-Fraud notice [46K PDF]
- Florida Administrative Weekly and Florida Administrative Code
- Division 69L (Division of Worker's Compensation Rules)
- Chapter 69L-6: Workers' Compensation Compliance
- 69L-6 Compliance Forms
- 2011 Division of Workers' Compensation Annual Report [4MB PDF]
- 2010 Division of Workers' Compensation Annual Report [13.2MB PDF]
- 2009 Division of Workers' Compensation Annual Report [2.5MB PDF]
- 2008 Division of Workers' Compensation Annual Report [4.6MB PDF]
- 2007 Division of Workers' Compensation Annual Report [2.3MB PDF]
- 2006 Division of Workers' Compensation Annual Report [2.9MB PDF]
- 2005 Division of Workers' Compensation Annual Report [917K PDF]
- 2004 Division of Workers' Compensation Annual Report [1MB PDF]
- 2003 Division of Workers' Compensation Annual Report [2.1MB PDF]
- July 1, 2010 - June 30, 2011 [10M PDF] - Fraud/Workers' Compensation Joint Report
- July 1, 2009 - June 30, 2010 [9.1M PDF] - Fraud/Workers' Compensation Joint Report
- July 1, 2007 - June 30, 2008 [3.7M PDF] - Fraud/Workers' Compensation Joint Report
- July 1, 2006 - June 30, 2007 [4M PDF] - Fraud/Workers' Compensation Joint Report
- July 1, 2005 - June 30, 2006 [1.83M PDF] - Fraud/Workers' Compensation Joint Report
- July 1, 2004 - June 30, 2005 [1.94M PDF] - Fraud/Workers' Compensation Joint Report
- Important Workers' Compensation Information For Florida's Employers brochure [452K PDF] (Spanish version here) [461K PDF] As required in Section 440.185 (4), this publication must be sent to the employer annually by the claims administrator or its third-party administrator. This brochure was revised as of October 2003 to reflect changes in the law.
- Disaster Assistance Brochure [568K PDF] (This brochure is also available in Spanish)
- Certification of Employer Workplace Safety Program Premium Credit Application [33K PDF]
- USF Safety Florida Consultation Program
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
Workers' Compensation Compliance
- Number of Employees Covered for Fiscal Year 2008-2009
- Number of Stop Work Orders Issued in Fiscal Year 2008-2009
- Amount of Penalties Assessed in Fiscal Year 2008-2009
- Amount of Premium Generated in Fiscal Year 2008-2009
- Total Number of Exemptions Processed in Fiscal Year 2008-2009
Fiscal Year Stats from 2002 to 2006:
- Number of Employers Contacted in Fiscal Year 2002-2006
- Number of Employers Brought into Compliance in Fiscal Year 2004-2006
- New Employees Covered for Fiscal Year 2002-2006
- Number of Stop Work Order Issued in Fiscal Year 2002-2006
- Amount of Penalty Assessed in Fiscal Year 2002-2006
- Amount of Premium Generated in Fiscal Year 2002-2006
- Total Number of Exemptions Processed in Fiscal Year 2004-2006