TYPE AND CLASS:
4-30 Crop Hail and Multiple-Peril Crop
Common Use(s) of License:
An individual limited to transacting insurance covering crops subject to unfavorable weather conditions, fire or lightening, flood, hail, insect infestation, disease, or other yield-reducing conditions or perils which is provided by the private insurance market, or which is subsidized by the Federal Group Insurance Corporation including multi-peril crop insurance.
Related Florida Statutes:
Appointment of License:
This license requires an appointment to be valid. Section 626.112(4), Florida Statutes.
Expiration of License:
This license will expire if unappointed for 48 months. Section 626.431(3), Florida Statutes.
STEPS TO OBTAIN RESIDENT 4-30 CROP HAIL AND MULTIPLE-PERIL CROP INSURANCE AGENT:
Step 1 - You must be:
- A natural person at least 18 years of age.
- A resident of the state of Florida.
- A United States citizen or legal alien who possesses a work authorization
from the United States Immigration and Naturalization Services. [Click here for more
Step 2 - Must have the following prerequisite(s) before applying:
- A pre-licensing course is not required for this license. Print the Florida Crop, Hail and Multi-Peril Crop Agents' Study Manual PDF and use it to prepare you for the state examination.
- Become a resident of Florida, held a valid resident license with the
equivalent line of authority for at least one (1) continuous year prior to
applying for a license in Florida, and submit the application for the Florida
customer representative license within 90 days of becoming a resident of
of License] [Exempt from State Examination]
Step 3 - Apply:
Step 4 - Send prerequisite(s) to department:
- Send proof of prerequisite, as indicated in Step 2, to the Bureau.
Note: If you have taken a prelicensing course, your
prelicensing education provider will automatically send the Bureau proof within
20 days of your passing date. This does not include designations.
Department of Financial
Bureau of Licensing, Room 419
200 East Gaines
Tallahassee, FL 32399-0319
Step 5 - Fingerprints:
Step 6 - Status notification(s):
- Once an application has been submitted, you may check your MyProfile account for the status of your application. Deficiencies will be listed under
the pending license type.
Step 7 - Examination:
Disregard this step if you are not required to take
- Upon approval, an e-mail will be sent to you directing you to check your
messages in your MyProfile account. Messages are where you may print your
notifications from the department, such as an authorization for an examination.
Follow the message's instructions to schedule the examination.
[Click here for the Exam
Step 8 - Print license:
- Once all the above steps have been satisfied, the department will send your
approval by email. You may then go to your MyProfile account and print your license.
Note: If you are required to take an
examination, you will not be able to print your license until the department has
received a passing result from the testing vendor.
- Licensees must be appointed by, and the
limited license requested by, a licensed general
lines agent. All business transacted by the
limited agent shall be in behalf of, in the name
of, and countersigned by the agent by whom the
individual is appointed. The licensee
may only be appointed by one general lines agent or
- You may conduct crop hail through a general lines (2-20 or 9-20) license.
- Cannot hold a general lines and crop hail license at the same time.