NON-RESIDENT TITLE INSURANCE AGENCY
TYPE AND CLASS:
Non-Resident Title Insurance Agency (4-13)
Florida Statutes 626.841(2) defines a
“TITLE INSURANCE AGENCY” as an insurance
agency under which title insurance agents
and other employees determine insurability
in accordance with underwriting rules and
standards prescribed by the title insurer
represented by the agency, and issue and
countersign commitments, endorsements, or
policies of title insurance, on behalf of
the appointing title insurer. The term does
not include a title insurer.
Complete an online application for
License and submit appropriate fees.
Apply for license
Business must not be located in Florida.
At time of application and throughout
the existence of the license, the entity
must provide the name, social security
number, and address of a title agent or
an attorney in good standings with the
Florida Bar. The licensed non-resident
title agent or a licensed attorney will
be in full time charge of the office.
- Majority owner, partner, officer and
director of the agency must be fingerprinted. [Click here and follow the instructions]
- Fidelity bond in an amount of not less than $50,000. [ss. 626.8419(1)(a),
- Surety bond in an amount not less than $35,000 made payable to the title insurer or title insurers appointing the agency. The surety bond must be for the benefit of any appointing title insurer damaged by a violation by the title insurance agency of its contract with the appointing title insurer.
[ss. 626.8419(1)(c), F.S.] Please contact your title insurer(s) regarding this if you have questions. Please do not send your bond to the Department.
- Errors and omissions insurance in an amount not less than $250,000 per claim
and an aggregate limit with a deductible not greater than $10,000 [ss.
- The Division of Treasury, Bureau of Collateral Management can be contacted
at (850) 413-3167 or their website.
- Title Administrative Surcharge is due in January - Click here to view the Title Administrative Surcharge Information page
Reciprocity list for non-resident title agents and agencies