Address Division of Workers' Compensation, 200 East Gaines Street, Tallahassee, FL 32399-4220
Workers' Compensation Claims: 1-800-342-1741
Workers' Compensation Exemption/ Compliance: 1-800-742-2214
Public Records Requests
- To actively ensure the self-execution of the workers' compensation system through education and informing all stakeholders of their rights and responsibilities, leveraging data to deliver exceptional value to our customers and stakeholders, and holding parties accountable for meeting their obligations.
Director: Tanner Holloman (Tanner.Holloman@myfloridacfo.com)
Assistant Director: Andrew Sabolic (Andrew.Sabolic@myfloridacfo.com)
Bureau of Compliance
Bureau Chief: Robin Delaney
- Investigate employers to determine civil compliance with Chapter 440, Florida Statutes.
- Enforce civil compliance when violations of Chapter 440, Florida Statutes are discovered.
- Refer suspected violations of other agency laws (state and federal) to proper agency.
- Process exemption applications.
- Maintain exemption database in CCAS (on-line Compliance database).
- Maintain exemption application information/data and make it available to public via public records request.
- Process workers' compensation coverage data received from leasing companies.
- Maintain proof of coverage (POC) database for Florida.
- Efficiently respond to inquiries with reliable information about Bureau and other agency processes.
Bureau of Data Quality and Collection
Bureau Chief: Lisel Laslie
- Collection, quality control, analysis and reporting of medical data provided under workers' compensation.
- Establishes and implements the rules, requirements, and processes for electronic reporting of the First Report of Injury, Subsequent Report of Injury and Proof of Coverage forms, using national EDI standardized file formats.
- Monitors accuracy and timeliness of benefit payments; initiating intervention efforts when appropriate.
- Provides for collection, distribution and archival of the division' s imaged records.
- Provides public record information.
- Produces the division's annual report.
- Responds to requests for division data.
Bureau of Employee Assistance and Ombudsman Office
Bureau Chief: Stephen Yon
- Investigates disputes and facilitates resolution without undue expense, costly litigation or delay in the provision of benefits.
- Assists system participants in fulfilling their statutory responsibilities.
- Educates and disseminates information to all system participants.
- Initiates contacts with injured workers to discuss their rights and responsibilities and advise them of services available through EAO.
- Reviews claims in which injured workers' benefits have been denied, stopped, or suspended.
- Provides reemployment services to eligible injured employees who are unable to return to work as a result of their work place injuries or illnesses.
Bureau of Financial Accountability
Bureau Chief: Greg Jenkins
- Assessment Rate Calculations (Workers' Compensation Administration Trust Fund & Special Disability Trust Fund)
- Assessments Collection Unit
- Financial Accountability Section, responsible for the collection of employers' compliance payments and exemption fees
- IT Contract Management for Technology Services
- Project, Software, and Data Analysis Unit
- Self-Insurance Unit, regulation of individually self-insured employers
- Special Disability Trust Fund Unit
Bureau of Monitoring and Audit
Bureau Chief: Pam Macon
- Regulation of individual self-insurers to ensure financial resources are available to pay employee's claims.
- Overall monitoring and auditing of carrier performance.
- Monitoring accuracy of benefit payments; initiating intervention efforts when appropriate.
- Establishing permanent total cases eligible for Division-paid supplemental benefits.
- Assessing penalties for late reporting, benefit payments, or medical payments.
- Providing technical assistance to customers through telephone contacts, training, and audit workshops.
Medical Services Section
Program Administrator: Theresa Pugh
- Expert Medical Advisor certification pursuant to Section 440.13(9), Florida Statutes. Health Care Provider and Expert Medical Advisor database maintenance.
- Reimbursement dispute resolution pursuant to Section 440.13(7), Florida Statutes.
- Investigation and determination of healthcare provider utilization patterns, billing practices or violations of law or rules that may require penalties, pursuant to Section 440.13(8), (11) or (13), Florida Statutes.
- Development of Workers' Compensation Reimbursement Manuals, in collaboration with the three-member panel, pursuant to Section 440.13(12), Florida Statutes.
- Provision of educational and technical support regarding the aspects of medical services in response to inquiries.
- Phone: 850/413-1613
- Fax: 850/413-1982
- Email: Workers.MedService@MyFloridaCFO.com
Workers' Compensation Programs In Other State Agencies
Small Business Safety Website - "The least costly accident is the one that never occurs." The University of South Florida College of Public Health and its SafetyFlorida consultation program have established a website that provides safety and accident prevention information and resources for employers. To borrow safety videos, customize a safety plan designed for your business, or to use the form wizard that automatically fills out your DWC-1 and your OSHA 300 forms in one easy session, click the image: