This section provides guidance on the steps required to purchase real estate
from a company in receivership.
- Commercial Property:
- Residential Property: None
- Other Property
Below are the procedures involved in the purchase of real estate. The
first step will allow an interested party to pre-register with the Receiver to
receive notification when real estate is for sale. The remaining steps identify
various processes that have to be completed to finalize the transaction.
- Register with the Receiver to be
notified when real estate become available for sale.
- Request information from the Receiver
in order to perform due diligence.
- Submit an offer to purchase real
estate to the Receiver.
- If the offer is recommended, execute an agreement with
- The Receiver will seek Court approval of the transaction.
- If the transaction is approved by the receivership court, complete the
remaining requirements within the executed agreement.