- Things to know about your continuing education
Are You Compliant with Your CE or
If you have ever felt confused about what it means to be continuing education
(CE) compliant, you are not alone. That's why we are continuously finding and
implementing ways to help you with this. To be CE compliant requires more than
just taking CE courses. Below are a few often overlooked suggestions for
remaining CE compliant.
- CE requirements change. You should regularly review your CE status through
your MyProfile account. Your total hours have specific allocation
requirements that must be met. Be sure to take all the right categories of CE
- Check for late hours. Hours taken after your due date will still post on
your compliance evaluation screen, but they will be noted as "Late". Though your
hours requirement may have been met, late completion of your continuing
education requirement will result in penalties. The statutory penalty for
failure to complete CE is the cancellation of all your appointments, however you
may be given the option of paying a $250 fine instead. Regardless of the penalty
assessed, you are still required to complete past due CE requirements.
- Check prior evaluation periods. Always check previous compliance periods to
make sure you are not delinquent for a prior period. Be sure to click on VIEW ENFORCEMENT NOTICE just below the Not
Compliant text to check for any outstanding fines.
- Check your transcript. The same course cannot be taken with
the same provider within a three-year period and receive
credit. This is noted on your transcript as a duplicate course. You will need to
take a different course to meet your CE requirement.
We wish you success in completing your hours to remain knowledgeable in an
ever-changing insurance market. And remember, your CE compliance date is your DUE date, not
your DO date.
How to Search for Approved CE Courses
Looking for continuing education (CE) courses to be sure you get all your
hours completed? Our online course search can easily help you by listing those
courses approved by the Department.
- Go to our website at www.MyFloridaCFO.com/Division/Agents.
- Click on MyProfile on the left panel
and log in to your account.
- Once in your MyProfile inbox, click on Locate at the top left. Then click on Future Course Offerings.
- Select the Course Authority for the
type of license held or course you need to take.
- You can also make other choices, like Study Method and Location, to narrow your search results.
- If you click on Perform an Advanced Search, you will have
additional options to narrow your search results, such as Course
Date and Course Level.
Because many factors may affect your continuing education requirement (e.g.
licenses held, number of years licensed, etc.), we encourage you to periodically
check your MyProfile account to determine your individual continuing
education compliance requirements and status. You will also be able to find more
approved CE courses after logging in to your MyProfile account versus the public search option, which limits the results to the first
100 course offerings.