Ongoing Long-Term Care Partnership Training
Federal law requires insurance companies
offering long-term care insurance to ensure their agents have
received adequate training in long-term care insurance.
Agents who have met their 8-hour initial long-term care partnership
training must complete 4 hours of ongoing training 24 months from
the date of their initial 8-hour training. This federal requirement on insurers is regulated and monitored in Florida by the
Office of Insurance Regulation
(Office). The Office continues to consider amending its
to provide additional information about long-term care training
requirements in Florida. In the interim, we, at the Department of Financial
Services, have attempted to assist agents by reviewing and approving
courses that have been submitted to meet both the federal
requirement and the agent's continuing education requirement.
To find these:
This will take you to a list of Florida approved courses. If you need additional help with locating Florida approved
education courses, please click
here to see a tutorial to assist you with finding the course
- Go to the
Florida course search engine.
- Click on “Perform an advanced search”.
- Go to the Subject Area field. Select and highlight “CE0240 Long-Term Care Partnership”.
- Go to the Course Authority field. Select and highlight “CE 2-40 Health”.
- Go to the Study Method field. Select and highlight the desired study method (online self-study, classroom, etc.).
- Click on the Search button.
You can always log in to
to check your continuing education requirements, verify the hours
you have completed, locate courses being offered, and see other
important information about your license.