NON-RESIDENT TITLE INSURANCE AGENT
TYPE AND CLASSES:
94-13 Non-resident Title Insurance Agent
Florida Statutes 626.84201 states a "NON-RESIDENT TITLE INSURANCE AGENT" license may be issued to an applicant that must not be a resident of this state
and is licensed in his or her home state as a
title insurance agent. Nonresident title insurance agents licensed in Florida must complete the continuing education requirements as Florida resident title insurance agents.
Florida Statutes 626.841 defines a "TITLE
INSURANCE AGENT" as a person, appointed in
writing by a title insurer for the purpose of
issuing and countersigning binders, commitments,
policies of title insurance, or guarantees of
title in its behalf.
- Complete an online application for
the license and submit appropriate fees.
Apply for license
- Be a natural person at least 18 years of
- Must not be a resident of the
state of Florida. For a list of reciprocal
- Be a United States citizen or legal
alien who possesses a work authorization
from the United States Immigration and
- You must be fingerprinted. [Click here and follow the instructions]
- Can only transact the specific lines of
authority that are held in the resident
- Must have successfully passed the
required examination in their home state
- Successfully pass Florida’s title agent
- Attorneys at law duly licensed to practice law in the courts of this state, and in good standing with The Florida Bar are exempt from having to obtain a license per ss. 626.8417(4)(a), Florida Statutes.