NON-RESIDENT AGENCY REGISTRATION
TYPE AND CLASSES:
90-05 Agency (Registration)
Florida Statutes 626.015 (8) defines an "INSURANCE
AGENCY" as a business location which an individual,
firm, partnership, corporation, association, or other
entity engages in any activity or employs individuals to
engage in any activity which by law may be performed
only by a licensed insurance agent.
Florida Statutes 626.112 (7)(a) defines "AGENCY
REGISTRATION" as a registration that is obtained by an
agency whose voting shares are traded on a securities
exchange, each agency whose primary function is offering
insurance as a service or member benefit to members of a
nonprofit corporation, or each agency who is regulated
by the National Association of Securities Dealer (NASD).
- Complete an online application for Registration.
Apply for registration
- Business must not be located in Florida
- Must be an incorporated agency whose
voting shares are traded on a securities
- Must be an agency whose primary function
is offering insurance as a service or member
benefit to members of a nonprofit
- Must be an agency regulated by the
National Association of Securities Dealer
- The sole proprietor, partner, owner, president, vice president, treasurer,
secretary, directors and any other person who directs or participates in the
management or control of an incorporated agency whose shares are not traded on a
securities exchange are required to be fingerprinted. [Click here and
follow the instructions] Individuals who are currently licensed and
appointed in Florida are not required to be fingerprinted.
- Must have an agent-in-charge licensed and appointed
in at least one of the following lines of
- General Lines (9-20)
- Life (8-16)
- Life including Variable Annuity (8-14)
- Health (8-40)
- Health and Life (8-18)
- Health and Life including Variable Annuity (8-15)
- The owner or owners of the agency shall sign an application
for an insurance agency registration. If the agency is
incorporated, the president and secretary of the corporation
shall sign the application.
- An agency registration is perpetual and does not have to be
- Per Section 626.172 (6), fingerprints are not required for
any individual that currently holds a license or to corporations
whose voting shares are traded on a securities exchange.