RESIDENT AGENCY REGISTRATION
TYPE AND CLASSES:
20-05 Agency (Registration)
Florida Statutes 626.015 (8) defines an “INSURANCE AGENCY” as
a business location which an individual, firm, partnership,
corporation, association, or other entity engages in any
activity or employs individuals to engage in any activity which
by law may be performed only by a licensed insurance agent.
Florida Statutes 626.112 (7)(a) defines “AGENCY REGISTRATION” as
a registration that is obtained by an agency whose voting shares
are traded on a securities exchange, each agency whose primary
function is offering insurance as a service or member benefit to
members of a nonprofit corporation, or each agency who is
regulated by the National Association of Securities Dealer
- Complete an online application for Registration.
Apply for registration
- Business must be located in Florida.
- Must be an incorporated agency whose voting shares are
traded on a securities exchange; or
- Must be an agency whose primary function is offering
insurance as a service or member benefit to members of a
nonprofit corporation; or
- Must be an agency regulated by the National Association
of Securities Dealer (NASD).
- The sole proprietor, partner, owner, president, vice president, treasurer,
secretary, directors and any other person who directs or participates in the
management or control of an incorporated agency whose shares are not traded on a
securities exchange are required to be fingerprinted. [Click here and
follow the instructions] Individuals who are currently licensed and
appointed in Florida are not required to be fingerprinted.
- Must have an agent-in-charge licensed and appointed
in at least one of the following lines of
- General Lines (2-20)
- Life (2-16)
- Life including Variable Annuity (2-14)
- Health (2-40)
- Health and Life (2-18)
- Health and Life including Variable Annuity (2-15)
- The owner or owners of the agency shall sign an application
for an insurance agency registration. If the agency is
incorporated, the president and secretary of the corporation
shall sign the application.
- An agency registration is perpetual and does not have to be
- Per Section 626.172 (6), fingerprints are not required for
any individual that currently holds a license or to corporations
whose voting shares are traded on a securities exchange.