RESIDENT HEALTH INSURANCE AGENT
TYPE AND CLASSES:
Florida Statutes 626.015 (6) defines a “HEALTH AGENT” as an agent
representing a health maintenance organization or, as to health
insurance only, an insurer transacting health insurance.
Florida Statutes 624.603 defines “HEALTH INSURANCE” is defined as
insurance against loss through sickness or accidental bodily injury.
- Complete an online application for License and submit
Apply for license
- Be a natural person at least 18 years of age.
- Be a resident of the state of Florida.
- Be a United States citizen or legal alien who possesses a
work authorization from the United States Immigration and
- Not be an employee of the United States Department of
Veterans Affairs or state service office, as referred to in
Section 626.833, Florida Statutes.
- You must be fingerprinted. [Click here and follow the instructions]
- If licensed in another state within three years, provide a
Letter of Clearance.
State Examination Qualifications:
Must be completed within four years of application date
- Successfully completed 40 hour approved insurance course for
Find Course; or
- Successfully completed a correspondence course approved by
Find Course; or
- Successfully completed at least 3 semester credit hours of
insurance from an accredited college or university (an official
transcript required); or
Exemptions for State Examination
- Become a resident of Florida, held a valid resident license with the equivalent
line of authority for at least one (1) continuous year prior to applying for a license in Florida, and submit the application for the Florida health license within 90 days of becoming a resident of Florida. [Transfer
of License]. [Exempt from State Examination] ; or
- An original letter from the American College of Life
Underwriters certifying the licensee was awarded the Chartered
Life Underwriters (CLU) designation and has been engaged in
business the last 4 years.
Applicant cannot be licensed for Credit Life and Disability,
Motor Vehicle Physical Damage and Mechanical Breakdown or Credit