||August 6, 1997
||Bill Monroe, Director of Accounting & Auditing
Office of Comptroller
||AUTOMATED DISBURSEMENT CORRECTIONS
Several errors have surfaced in our process to automate the correction of
disbursement transactions. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused
you. The following is a summary of the errors and changes that we have made:
Release of 7/8/1997:
- Terminal id incorrectly reflected "BTCH' and was changed to 'AUTO'.
- Statewide Document Number (SWDN) was not being stored on history
- Automatic TR58 did not properly change the Bookkeeping Indicator (BKI)
to blank for any disbursement that originally contained BKI = Z, X, N or A.
Release of 8/5/1997:
- The automated TR58 did not always correctly contain the same site code
as the originating transaction.
- Amount, Units, and Time correctly reversed the original value for these
fields, but Quantity was not reversed with the opposite sign from the
- When an entire voucher or JT was rejected by the Bureau of Auditing,
there were cases when only parts of the voucher or JT were successfully
backed out and the rest appeared on the Batch 58 Error Report. This occurred
when lines of the voucher or JT contained the same Account Code (including
CFI), Voucher Number, Voucher Type, Object Code (4 digits), Vendor, Invoice
and Subvendor but different State Program Codes (digits 1 - 10). The
Departmental SAMAS nightly voucher process was modified to ignore State
Program which will increase our ability to generate an automatic TR58.
We would appreciate your keeping us informed of any situations that you feel
are not handled properly in this process. As it is refined, we hope that your
efforts to reconcile the Departmental and Central accounting entries will be
tremendously reduced. If additional information is needed, please call the SAMAS
Help Desk at 487-2627, Suncom 277-2627.