The Florida Accounting Information Resource subsystem (FLAIR) has been performing the state’s accounting and payroll functions for thirty years.
The FLAIR Study project is being conducted in accordance with proviso in the 2013 General Appropriations Act (GAA) requiring the Department of Financial Services (DFS) to:
- Prepare an inventory of all agency systems interfacing with FLAIR
- Assess the advantages and disadvantages of enhancing FLAIR
- Assess the advantages and disadvantages of replacing:
FLAIR and the Cash Management System (CMS);
FLAIR, CMS, and the procurement (MyFloridaMarketPlace) and personnel information subsystems (PeopleFirst)
- Assess the feasibility of implementing an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system for the State of Florida
- Identify any specific changes needed in the Florida Statutes and the state’s financial business practices to facilitate the recommended option
- Prepare a Final Report that adheres to the requirements set forth in the 2013 GAA Proviso and section 287.0571(4), F.S.
Key Project Deliverables include:
- Inventory of agency systems interfacing with FLAIR: December 30, 2013
- Final FLAIR Study report: March 21, 2014
Each agency shall complete an inventory of agency systems with current or planned interfaces to FLAIR. Each agency was provided a pre-populated spreadsheet based on previous inventory information collected during Project Aspire. Click here for further details.