Division of Agent and Agency Services
TEMPORARY DEBIT LIFE AND HEALTH AGENT
TYPE AND CLASSES:
T2-10 Temporary Debit Life and Health Agent
Florida Statutes 626.782 defines a “TEMPORARY DEBIT LIFE AND
HEALTH AGENT” as an individual that represents an industrial class
insurer. The industrial class insurer operates under a system of
collecting a debit by its agent.
- Complete an online application for License and submit
Apply for license
- Be a natural person at least 18 years of age.
- Be a resident of the state of Florida.
- Be a United States citizen or legal alien who possesses a
work authorization from the United States Immigration and
- Not be an employee of the United States Department of
Veterans Affairs or state service office, as referred to in
Section 626.833, Florida Statutes.
- Be fingerprinted at one of the Department's fingerprint
locations and additional information
- If licensed in another state within three years, provide a
Letter of Clearance.
- Applicant must be appointed by an industrial class insurer,
- Only one temporary license may be issued per lifetime.
- If applicant holds a life and variable annuity license,
applicant may still apply for this type and class of license.
- The temporary license is valid for six (6) months only.
However, if the individual passes the license examination, the
temporary license and appointment will be terminated.