Division of Agent and Agency Services
TEMPORARY NORESIDENT CUSTOMER REPRESENTATIVE
TYPE AND CLASSES:
T9-40 Temporary Non-resident Customer Representative
Florida Statutes 626.015 (4) and 626.7355 (1) (c) defines a
“TEMPORARY NON-RESIDENT CUSTOMER REPRESENTATIVE” as an individual
living in another state that has a common boundary with this state
(Georgia and Alabama only) and is appointed by a general lines agent
or agency to assist the agent in transacting the business of
insurance from the office of the agent on a temporary basis pending
licensure as a permanent Non-resident Customer Representative or
Non-resident Limited Customer Representative.
- Complete an online application for License and submit
Apply for license
- Be a natural person at least 18 years of age.
- Be a resident of another state sharing a common boundary
with this state (Georgia or Alabama) and has been employed in
this state for a period of not less than six months.
- Be a United States citizen or legal alien who possesses a
work authorization from the United States Immigration and
- Be fingerprinted on cards provided by the Florida Department
of Financial Services. Two fingerprint cards are mailed to the
- Must have filed an application for a customer representative
or a limited customer representative.
- Applicant must be employed at the time of application for
license, and at all times throughout the existence of the
temporary license, by only one general lines agency or licensed
general lines agent.
- Applicant must be supervised by one licensed and appointed
general lines agent, who will be responsible for the applicant’s
- Applicant must furnish evidence that he or she is enrolled
in a customer representative education qualification course
approved by this Department.
- Applicant must have the supervising general lines agent file
a certificate of employment and report as to applicant’s
integrity and moral character.
- Applicant shall only conduct only such classes of business
that the supervising general lines agent is licensed and
appointed to handle. Applicant shall not transact life and
- The temporary license shall be in effect for 90 days (three
- Only one temporary license can be held in a lifetime.
- There must be no more than one (1) temporary customer
representative in a general lines agency at one time and no more
than two in a calendar year.
- Applicant has to be housed in the same office as the
supervising general lines agent.