Division of Agent and Agency Services
TEMPORARY ALL-LINES ADJUSTER
TYPE AND CLASSES:
T6-20 Temporary All-Lines Adjuster
Florida Statutes 626.872 defines a “Temporary Adjuster” as an
individual that is licensed on a temporary basis as an adjuster
while they are attempting to obtain their permanent license. These
licensees have the authority to handle only such classes of business
as his or her supervising adjuster is licensed to handle, except
that the temporary licensee shall not be permitted by his or her
employer to negotiate settlements with the insured or claimant for
amount in excess of $20,000.
- Complete an online application for License and submit
Apply for license
- Be a natural person at least 18 years of age.
- Be a resident of the state of Florida.
- Be a United States citizen or legal alien who possesses a
work authorization from the United States Immigration and
- Be fingerprinted at one of the Department's fingerprint
locations and additional information
- If licensed in another state within three years, provide a
Letter of Clearance.
- Upon receiving the license the employer must complete the
appointment process through Eappoint.
(Link to E-appoint)
- Applicant’s employer is responsible for the adjustments acts
of the licensee.
- The temporary license is effective for one (1) year.
However, applicant must take the examination with the first six
(6) months of holding the temporary or the temporary license
will be terminated.
- Only one (1) temporary license can be held in an individual’s lifetime.
- Only one (1) apppintment can be held.