Division of Agent and Agency Services
TEMPORARY RESIDENT CUSTOMER REPRESENTATIVE
TYPE AND CLASSES:
T4-40 Temporary Resident Customer Representative
Florida Statutes 626.015 (4) and 626.7355 defines a “TEMPORARY
RESIDENT CUSTOMER REPRESENTATIVE” as an individual appointed by a
general lines agent or agency to assist the agent in transacting the
business of insurance from the office of the agent on a temporary
basis pending licensure as a permanent Customer Representative.
- Complete an online application for License and submit
Apply for license
- Be a natural person at least 18 years of age.
- Be a resident of the state of Florida.
- Be a United States citizen or legal alien who possesses a
work authorization from the United States Immigration and
- Be fingerprinted at one of the Department's fingerprint
locations and additional information
- If licensed in another state within three years, provide a
Letter of Clearance.
- Must have filed an application for a customer representative
or a limited customer representative.
- Applicant must be employed at the time of application for
license, and at all times throughout the existence of the
temporary license, by only one general lines agency or licensed
general lines agent.
- Applicant must be supervised by one licensed and appointed
general lines agent, who will be responsible for the applicant’s
- Applicant must furnish evidence that he or she is enrolled
in a customer representative education qualification course
approved by this Department.
- Applicant must have the supervising general lines agent file
a certificate of employment and report as to applicant’s
integrity and moral character.
- Applicant shall only conduct only such classes of business
that the supervising general lines agent is licensed and
appointed to handle. Applicant shall not transact life and
- The temporary license shall be in effect for 90 days (three
- Only one temporary license can be held in a lifetime.
- Applicants applying from Georgia and Alabama must furnish a
letter of clearance from their home state if they were licensed
in that state in the last three years.
- There must be no more than one (1) temporary customer
representative in a general lines agency at one time and no more
than two in a calendar year.
- Applicant has to be housed in the same office as the
supervising general lines agent.