Division of Agent and Agency Services
TEMPORARY GENERAL LINES AGENT
TYPE AND CLASSES:
T2-20 Temporary General Lines
Florida Statutes 626.175 defines a “TEMPORARY GENERAL LINES
AGENT” as an individual that represents a general lines insurance
insurer temporarily because of the death, disability or absence of
the agent. The purpose of this license is to continue or wind up the
business affairs of the agent or agency, subject to certain
qualifications. Applicant must be a licensed agent’s employee,
family member, business associate, or personal representative.
Applicant may only replace an agent that has died or become unable
to perform his or her duties as agent because of military service
or illness or other physical or mental disability.
There must not be any other person connected with the agent’s
business who is licensed as a general lines agent. Applicant must be
qualified for a regular general lines agent’s license with the
exception of residence, examination, education or experience.
- Complete an online application for License and submit
Apply for license
- Be a natural person at least 18 years of age.
- Be a resident of the state of Florida.
- Be a United States citizen or legal alien who possesses a
work authorization from the United States Immigration and
- Be fingerprinted at one of the Department's fingerprint
locations and additional information
- If licensed in another state within three years, provide a
Letter of Clearance.
- The temporary license is valid for six (6) months and cannot
be renewed or another temporary license issued to any other
person connected with the agent or agency. However, the
temporary license will terminate if the applicant become
licensed as a permanent general lines agent, the disabled or
absent agent is replaced or the disposition of the affairs are